The Rescue Mission of Salt Lake invites members of the homeless, hurting and addicted populations of Salt Lake and the surrounding areas to faith and maturity in Jesus Christ by ministering to their spiritual, physical, emotional, educational, social and other related needs.
Perhaps answers to a few frequently asked questions will help you see how we actively apply our mission statement to those we serve:
WHO DO WE SERVE?
Anybody who asks for help! We assist people exepriencing homelessness, addiction or poverty throughout the state of Utah, regardless of their station in life, gender, race, religion, age or disability.
WHAT SERVICES DO WE PROVIDE?
- A free, year-long New Life Residential Recovery Program for men and women struggling with addiction
- An open-door breakfast six days a week
- An open-door lunch every day of the year
- An open-door dinner every night of the year
- Food boxes for families in need
- Emergency sleeping accommodations in our overnight dorm for up to 50 men every night and up to 14 women at our Women's Center
- A baggage room where guests may check in their belongings
- A message board where we post telephone messages for guests
- Mail reception
- Free clothing distribution
- Access to our dorm facility three days a week for men to shave and shower
- A day room, open during the winter months and inclement weather
Click here for more information about our emergency services, including help for women and children.
HOW ARE WE FUNDED?
The Rescue Mission of Salt Lake does not accept any federal, state or city funding. Our ministries are wholly supported through the generous tax-deductible contributions and donations of our friends and supporters. To donate, send a check to PO Box 1431, Salt Lake City, UT 84110-1431, call our finance office at 801-746-1006 or make a gift online.
DO WE ACCEPT DONATIONS?
Certainly! We gladly accept donations of:
- Unspoiled food items (especially non-perishables)
- Hygiene items such as soap, deodorant, shampoo and disposable razors
- Paper products
- Men's, women's and children's clothing (especially jeans and t-shirts)
- All sizes of underwear
- Winter gear (coats, hats, gloves)
For a longer list, check out Our Needs. You may drop off your donation at the Mission (463 South 400 West), or request for your donation to be picked up. In either case, you will be provided a tax-deductible receipt for the donation. Simply call the Mission at 801-355-1302 to make a pick-up request. (Pickups are approved based on the value of the donation and the distance from the Mission.)
IS OUR ORGANIZATION TAX EXEMPT?
The Rescue Mission of Salt Lake, Inc. is recognized by both federal and state governments as a nonprofit, charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Rescue Mission's Women's Center is included in this status.