The Rescue Mission of Salt Lake exists to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the homeless, addicted and poor through humanitarian efforts and faith in Jesus Christ.
Please note: We serve all people, regardless of religion, race, color, gender, age or disability.
Perhaps answers to a few frequently asked questions will help you see how we actively apply our mission statement to those we serve:
WHOM DO WE SERVE?
We help those in need throughout the state of Utah, regardless of their station in life, race, religion, age or disability. We seek to help all those who ask help of us, just as the Lord Jesus would.
WHAT SERVICES DO WE PROVIDE?
- A free, whole person, 1 year New Life Residential Recovery Program
- An "open door" breakfast six days a week
- An "open door" lunch every day of the year
- An "open door" dinner every night of the year
- Food boxes for families in need
- Emergency sleeping accommodations in our overnight Dorm for up to 50 men every night
- A Baggage Room where men may check in their baggage
- A Message Board where we post telephone messages for guests
- Mail reception
- Free clothing distribution
- Access to our Dorm facility three days a week for men to shave and shower
- A Day Room, open during the winter months and inclement weather
Click here for more information about our emergency services, including help for women and children.
HOW ARE WE FUNDED?
The Rescue Mission of Salt Lake does not accept any federal, state or city funding. Our ministries are wholly supported through the generous tax-deductible contributions and donations of our friends and supporters. To donate, send a check to PO Box 1431, Salt Lake City, UT 84110-1431, call our finance office at 801-746-1006 or make a gift online.
DO WE ACCEPT DONATIONS?
Certainly! We gladly accept donations of:
- Unspoiled food items (especially non-perishables)
- Hygiene items such as bath soap and anti-perspirant/deodorant
- Paper Products
We are very grateful to accept donations of:
- Men's, women's and children's clothing
- All sizes of underwear
Unfortunately, due to lack of space, we cannot accept appliances or office equiptment more than two years old. You may drop off your donation at the Mission (463 South 400 West), or request for your donation to be picked up. In either case, you will be provided a tax-deductible receipt for the donation. Simply call the Mission at 801-355-1302 to make a pick-up request. (Pickups are approved based on the value of the donation and the distance from the Mission.)
IS OUR ORGANIZATION TAX EXEMPT?
The Rescue Mission of Salt Lake, Inc. is recognized by both federal and state governments as a nonprofit, charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The Rescue Mission's Women's Center is included in this status.