Mission Statement | Rescue Mission
The Rescue Mission of Salt Lake exists to meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of the homeless, addicted and/or poor through humanitarian efforts and faith and maturity in Jesus Christ.
Please note: We serve all people regardless of religion, race, color, gender, age or disability.
Perhaps answers to a few frequently asked questions will help you see how we actively apply our mission statement to those we serve:
WHO DO WE SERVE?
We help those in need throughout the State of Utah regardless of their station in life, race, religion, or any other determining factor. We seek to help all those who ask help of us, just as the Lord Jesus would.
WHAT SERVICES DO WE PROVIDE?
- A free, whole person, 1 year New Life Residential Recovery Program
- An "open door" breakfast six days a week
- An "open door" dinner every night of the year
- Food baskets for families in need
- Emergency sleeping accommodations in our overnight Dorm for up to 50 men every night
- A Baggage Room where men may check in their baggage
- A Message Board where we post telephone messages for guests
- Mail reception
- Free clothing distribution
- Access to our Dorm facility three days a week for men to shave and shower
- And a Day Room is open during the winter months and during inclement weather.
HOW ARE WE FUNDED?
The Rescue Mission of Salt Lake does not accept any federal, state, or city funding. Our ministries are wholly supported through the generous tax-deductible contributions and donations of our friends and supporters.
You may drop off your donation at the Mission (463 South 400 West), or our driver can come to your location and pick the donation up. In either case, you can be provided a tax-deductible receipt for the donation. Simply call the Mission at (801) 355-1302 and request a donation to be picked up. We do not accept used furniture or appliances.
DO WE ACCEPT DONATIONS?
Certainly! We gladly accept donations of:
- Unspoiled food items (especially non-perishables)
- Hygiene items such as bath soap and anti-perspirant/deodorant
- Paper Products
We are very grateful to accept donations of:
- Men and women's clothing
- Especially all sizes of underwear
- Financial Donations
Unfortunately, due to lack of space, we cannot accept appliances or office equiptment more than two years old. Again, you may drop off your donation at the Mission (463 South 400 West), or our driver can come to your location and pick the donation up. In either case, you can be provided a tax-deductible receipt for the donation. Simply call the Mission at (801) 355-1302 and request a donation to be picked up.
As for financial contributions, you may mail your contribution to us at PO Box 1431, Salt Lake City UT 84110-1431, and you will be provided a tax-deductible receipt via return mail. You may also use the on-line "Donate" button above. Again we thank you for your generosity.
HOW CAN YOU KNOW WHAT WE NEED?
We rely on the contributions and donations of people such as yourself. You can know what our most urgent needs are at any given moment by accessing our Giving Opportunities pages.
IS OUR ORGANIZATION TAX EXEMPT?
The Rescue Mission of Salt Lake, Inc. is recognized by both federal and state government as a nonprofit, charitable organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Rescue Haven is included in this status.